Monday 30 November 2009

Favourite Albums - D

Doomsday Machine - Arch Enemy (2005)

I think a lot of what constitutes a favourite album is how it speaks to you.

No more / It's over / I'm on to you / Your evil game / The tables have turned / I am taking back my soul from "Taking Back My Soul" speaks to me. For me it's about connecting to your roots and not loosing sight of who you are or were.

The album itself is exactly where my metal tastes lay at the moment. I guess the genre for it is "Melodic Death Metal", which wikipedia defines as "... (also referred to as melodeath) is a subgenre of death metal which combines the melody of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM) with the intensity of death metal." I would describe it as loud, technical guitar based metal, with vocals on the right side of decipherable and a decernable melody underneath the agression.

There is much to love, from the Amott brother's guitar work, Daniel Erlandsson's drumming to Angela Gossow's vocals that I could talk about it for ages, but check out the videos and they'll do the speaking for me I think. I know what I'll be staying awake to at work tomorrow.

# Title Length
1 Enter the Machine 2.02
2 Taking Back My Soul 4.35
3 Nemesis 4.12
4 My Apocalypse 5.25
5 Carry the Cross 4.12
6 I am Legend / Out for Blood 4.58
7 Skeleton Dance 4.33
8 Hybrids of Steel 3.49
9 Mechanic God Creation 3.20
10 Machtkampf 4.16
11 Slaves of Yesterday 5.01
48:56
Singles
Well, there weren't any single so to speak, but there were music videos for Nemesis and My Apocalypse, both execellent tracks.
Favourite Tracks"Taking Back My Soul", "Nemesis", "My Apocalypse"

No comments:

Post a Comment