Sunday 14 March 2010

Favourite Albums - P

Honourable Mentions
  • Parklife by Blur
  • Psychobabble by Violet Ultra
  • Peace Sells... But Whose Buying? by Megadeth
  • Portrait of an American Family by Marilyn Manson
  • Powertrippin' by The Almighty
Monster Magnet - Powertrip (1998)
Monster Magnet - Powertrip (1998)

Here's a story for you... I ended up going to Big Day Out 1999 at the MK bowl on my todd, I can't remember exactly why but it had to do with there being an Ozzfest that year that got cancelled and most of us being poor students.
Anyway, not knowing what the stage times were like and what not, my mate suggested that I check out this band "Monster Magent" who he was into, I said I'd see what I could do. Long story short, I was blown away by their set of awesome tracks, which included setting fire to the stage in protest at how long they had and I came back not only having seen them live, but getting their t-shirt as well!

The t-shirt had the lyrics from Powertrip on the back "never gonna work another day in my life". That was worn often to work.

Favourite Tracks
"See You In Hell", "Powertrip", "Spacelord", "Bummer"

No comments:

Post a Comment